Monday, November 26, 2007

retreating

Hubby and our adult houseguests have left for their 3 day new pastor's retreat.
Its a synod thing.
No child care however, and our friends are a clergycouple, with two kids.
The infant goes with them and I am keeping the 4 year old.
I kept her at the last presbytery thing too.
She's pretty easy
and she and my Flash have been friends forever
but the no child care thing is hard!
What about single parents,
what about the couples...especially when they make things mandatory.
Well, people out in the secular world do this some too
and they have neighbors and friends and family, I guess
but as a new pastor in a new location, what do you do?

So, for the moment I am a solution
...and happy to be, seeing as I am not yet employed,
but...this isn't a great way to do things.
The traditional pastor's wife hardly exists anymore, why do we keep pretending she does?

1 comment:

Terri said...

Indeed. And the traditional pastor doesn't exist anymore. Many of us are women, and as you say, many clergy are single. What then? I'm glad you are able and willing to help, and that flash and the girl get along well. But still...it's unfortunate.