Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Oh chilly chilly chilly

I'm beginning to get the idea of midwestern weather
and its only November: cold and windy here!
My husband is getting used to wearing closed toe shoes everyday because of work,
but I'm glad because this cold dry air will do terrible things to his feet.
Not to mention BRRRR.
Oh, and Flash has apparently inherited his warm feet,
and continues to refuse socks when indoors.
Clifford slippers are no help this week.
Myself?
I am enjoying socks, slippers, warm pants, shirts and sweaters and throw blankets!
And knitting warms me up in the evening too!
Our vintage furnace is chugging along well
and Hubby and our friend put in one of those energy saving set-back thermostats.
I think the heat is set to "no-one-is-home-right-now"
I guess I should have learned to work the thing before they all retreated.
So now its popcorn, cocoa and throw blankets for everyone!

1 comment:

Terri said...

sounds fun! and, yes, it get's cold here! and windy!