Wednesday, November 21, 2007

where does the time go?

Thanksgiving is almost here.
and after months of living this strange life at my folks
and having been in my house (almost unpacked...settled) for only 2 weeks (!)
I am wishing I was in PA for Thanksgiving as usual.

For one thing, its lots less work when my mom does it. And its a huge holiday for us. Everyone usually shows up. Christmas is just a "nuclear" family thing for us.
We are having friends from seminary for Thanksgiving and they are staying all weekend...
I am beginning to think that might have been too much.

Anyhow, I am doing turkey, mashed potatoes (instant), stuffing (Stovetop with my additions), asparagus ( unless it has gone bad...not looking so hot in the fridge) instead of green beans, since I'm doing it! cresent rolls, pumpkin pie and fruit cup. My family always starts with fruit cup and that tradition I will uphold.

I am not as worried about the meal as, perhaps, I should be. Cooking isn't usually a big deal to me. Its the "whole weekend" thing thats worrying. House tidying and such. Our water heater is somewhat tempermental and ... I'm just making excuses now.

After living with another family for so long, I have been relishing it being "just us".
but its the holidays
and its one weekend.
Right?
And I am looking forward to seeing them.

No comments: