Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dogs

Give your dog an extra pat and an extra treat today.

I used to live in Atlanta where Michael Vick was king (I mean quarterback)
and the stories that are coming out about the dog-fighting scandal he's involved in is just awful. A fellow on the news was talking about how badly they treat the dogs,
teach them to be cruel,
cage them,
about stealing backyard pets as "sparring partners",
victims really.
Its just awful.

Give your dog an extra belly rub and a treat.
Simba would recommend two or three treats.
Max would reccommend a walk around the block and a chewie.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I have two beloved dogs, like family, a part of our "pack"...stories like this are so incredibly sad. I can hardly imagine the cruelty and violence and the weird, it that's the right word, kind of enjoyment humans derive from this...it just makes no sense to me...especially as I watch my sweet dogs sleep at my feet. how they trust me to care for them and be their pack leader...sigh. indeed. a belly rub, and a treat.

zorra said...

Amen. Every time I read or hear anything about cruelty to animals, I have to go run hug and pet my precious dog.