Friday, July 13, 2007

Situation update

The brief version...
2 weeks left.
POD and contingency plan #1 - my Mom's. sigh.
BUT...
Visiting a church in 2 weeks, far far away.
Lots of nibbles, no bites.

There was a church we visited twice and got a rejection letter from.
OK with that.

There was a church that we visited that was geographically desirable
and completely wrong for us.
OK with that.

There was a church that had arranged a trip with us
and then cancelled because Hubby's final assessment wasn't done.
So when it was done he emailed them!
and 3 days later they emailed back that they'd picked someone else.
It all happened in 1 month.
I was crushed.

Anyway, packing continues, work continues, fatigue continues.
The neighborhood is emptying, friends moving away.
I really didn't want to be the last ones here.
I'd rather say goodbye triumphantly on our way to somewhere interesting,
than waving at moving trucks.
I struggle with the idea that God brought us here and then... what!?
My petulant heart hopes that he's "preparing a place" for us to serve.
In a really whiny voice.

But then I think of the woman a building over.
She and her family (6 total) are off to a fantastic call, close to home in the midwest.
She is the best pray-er I know.
I dash off notes to God, she writes Him novels.
She told me once that she prays for her children's future spouses.
I'd never even thought that.
Anyhow, she told me that she was praying for a call for us
and that the call be so obvious that it would be easy to choose.
Hmmm.

2 comments:

Terri said...

my prayer is the same for you. however, having done this a few times (search, discern a call) I also know that some how, in some way, it does really work out. We just can't see it in the "mean time." So what if you are the "last" to find a call, you may be the first to find a good call...

anyway. I understand that none of this really helps the anxiety of waiting. It's hard to trust the waiting. but I pray that you will. may God bless this time and the days ahead. May God point you where you need to be...

revhipchick said...

praying for you as well.

{{{hip2b}}}