Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Obstacle Course: Busy library week

Why do I always plan my obstacle course for a day when the weatherpeople on TV and radio tell you to stay in air conditioning?
Needless to say I had quite a few cancellations, but the 8 kids that came had a wonderful time!
And their choice of popsicles. I bought the kind with the joke on the stick. You have to eat the popsicle to read the punchline.
They were almost as much fun as the obstacle course.

...and I've had a request to bring the obstacle course things home so we can have our own!
My Basic Ingredients: Hula Hoop (jump in and out 3 times), string (to go over), table (to go under), plank of wood (for balance beam, add bricks for older folks). Add popsicles and 2 teen-age volunteer cheerleaders!

Today: Toddler Singalong and a Making Slime with the Mad Scientist
Rest of the week: King Tut, Storytime, Harry PotterCostume Contest, Baby Music and Chess!
oh and Thursday is a Teen Cookie Review Day!
Summer is underway!

1 comment:

Terri said...

so creative and sounds fun! I remember those popsicle jokes - loved 'em. prompted lots of made up jokes by my kids as they tried to immitate the jokes with their own...hee hee.