Friday, July 13, 2007

Revgal Friday5: Potter and Other

Option 1: Accio Friday Five!
1. Which Harry Potter book is your favorite and why?
Prisoner of AzKaban because so much goes on in it,
new characters, new plots to think about.

2. Which character do you most resemble? Which character would you most like to get to know?
Um...I dressed as McGonagall the other day.
Physically I guess Molly Weasley.
I think she'd be very interesting to know and a great friend...
but I think I'd like to get to know Dumbledore.

3. How careful are you about spoilers?a) bring 'em on--even if I know the destination, the journey's still goodb) eh, I'd rather not know what happens, but I'm not going to commit Avada Kedavra if someone makes a slipc) I will sequester myself in a geodesic dome to avoid finding anything out.
Well, I like theories but not spoilers.
I will read the whole book next weekend. Somehow.

4. Make one prediction/share one hope about book 7.
Fawlkes the Phoenix will appear in the book.
I hope.

5. Rowling has said she's not planning any prequels or sequels, but are there characters or storylines (past or future) that you would like to see pursued?
She's said she had backstories for just about every character
and some of it had to be scrubbed, like Dean Thomas' family story.
Also I'd like to know about the adventures of the original Order of the Phoenix,
and when Dumbledore defeated the wizard Gindlewald.
By the way there's a ton of fan-fiction on the internet, if you're interested.


Option 2:
1. Former U.S. First Lady "Lady Bird" Johnson died this week. In honor of her love of the land and the environment, share your favorite flower or wildflower.
I'm a sucker for any orange or peach flower,
stargazer lilies are lovely and fragrant.
My favorite weed is the dandelion.
I am hoping my gladiolas bloom before we leave here.

2. A man flew almost 200 miles in a lawn chair, held aloft by helium balloons. Share something zany you'd like to try someday.
Love that story. Zany huh? I'll have to think about that.

3. Do you have an iPhone? If not, would you want one?
Course not!
They're like 600$ and I'm far too practical for that.
My cell phone calls people...and I have discovered has a calculator and alarm.
I'd love one of those ones with the music players in them
and I thank iphone for(probably) driving down the cost of them.

4. Speaking of which, Blendtec Blenders put an iPhone in one of their super-duper blenders as part of their "Will It Blend?" series. What would YOU like to see ground up, whizzed up or otherwise pulverized in a blender?
A blender, preferably mine...the infernal thing.

5. According to News of the Weird, a jury in Weld County, Colo., declined to hold Kathleen Ensz accountable for leaving a flier containing her dog's droppings on the doorstep of U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, apparently agreeing with Ensz that she was merely exercising free speech. What do you think? Is doggy doo-doo protected by the First Amendment?
Sure. Although I think it was
a. disappointing that she didn't do the classic fire and paper bag thing and
b. unsportsmanlike that he actually SUED her for it.
And yes for the record ewww,
she shouldn't have done it and I'll bet it'll hurt her cause,
whateveritwas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blending a blender--that's hilarious!

revhipchick said...

great play! my in-laws are coming next weekend so i guess i just won't be very social!:>)