Monday, June 19, 2006

He's been gone to GA for a week. And won't be back until Thursday. We have a two-year-old and two large dogs in our little apartment. I can figure out the parenting stuff alright. I can do the working and daycare. I can do the housework, sorta.
I have a hard time with the dog-walking combined with two-year-old chasing. I have a hard time showering when he's awake. I have a hard time being up until 11 with house stuff, then up at 12:30 for a nightmare and then at 4:30 for milk and snuggles and then getting to daycare and work on time.
But I decided that between pick-up at daycare and bedtime, that time is our time together. So, maybe some cooking and dog walking but no laundry, dishes or paperwork.
We have taken some nice walks, some down to throw rocks into the canal, some with Bear or Baby Monkey in the wagon with a blanket and paci and a quite a few down to the big road to watch the cars. We've eaten lots of Chicken Noodle soup and peanut butter, his favorites. We've watched some Bob the Builder together. We've played at the playground until our faces flushed bright pink and are so dirty we needed to go home for bathtime. We went to the library and the farm store on Saturday. We've talked to the whole family on the phone...but especially Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!

In less than four days you & I get to switch roles when you go to a conference and I am home alone with Flash.

Love,

Hubby XOXOXOXO

Sally said...

bless you I have been there... keep on keeping on
Sally x