Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday5???? On Friday???

Holy week is upon us and that makes this week very busy for pastors and their families. Palm/Passion Sunday church, naturally. Then we'll be having a 6-church Easter Cantata on Sunday afternoon followed by a potluck dessert. I am singing in the choir! Hubby and the kids will be watching and listening I suppose. We have a Maundy thursday service and of course Easter is Coming. Just a busy busy week. I'm not sure that we actually slow down enough for Holy Week. It just seems like a rush to the finish...I mean Easter. Sad though, huh? I will try to put some holiness in my Holy week. And I'll start it here with the Friday 5.

1.What restores you physically? Pump up the volume and dance! Hubby fixed my Ipod and I need to just boogie down in the kitchen. i need one of those little speaker things so I can "share" the music" but thats for another time!

2. What strengthens you emotionally/ mentally? This takes more time I think. Its more deliberative. I tend to be optimistic most of the time...OK during the day. What I need is a party really. I guess I'll have to try to do something there.

3. What encourages you spiritually? I'm just not doing this at all. Used to have my bible study...I am too distracted at church. I have a few Christian Rock songs that I listen to and really "feel" and I occaisionally open my devotional. This has REALLY fallen off for me.

4. Share a favourite poem or piece of music from the coming week.
OK!
Brighter Day with Kirk Franklin. You can get it on itunes. Make sure to blast it and sing along.

5.There may be many services for you to attend/ lead over the next week, which one are you most looking forward to and why? If there aren't do you have a favourite day in Holy week if so which one is it?
Nope. I guess whatever day has the egg hunt!

3 comments:

Barbara B. said...

A party! Yes!

Terri said...

I didn't say this in my answers this morning - rushing too much to get to work - but my favorite is the Good Friday Stations of the Cross for kids followed by coloring Easter eggs and eating cheese pizza...it's great!

hip2b said...

That stations of the cross thing sounds like fun.