Friday, September 26, 2008

Johhny Appleseed Friday5

1. What is your favorite apple dish? (BIG BONUS points if you share the recipe.)
PIE, applesauce warmed up with some vanilla ice cream and crumbled graham crackers and cinnamon is a dessert I have when theres no dessert in the house. Apple crisp...Apple brown betty. I love apples raw too.
2. Have you ever planted a tree? If so was there a special reason or occasion you can tell us about?
No. Folks seem to give plants at deaths and I am so against that...the person is greiving...don't give them something to take care of. I should mention that I'm awful with plants.
3. Does the idea of roaming around the countryside (preaching or otherwise) appeal to you? Why or why not?
Nope. Homebody.
4. Who is a favorite "historical legend" of yours?
Sally Ann Thunder Ann Crockett? Swamp Angel? Paul Bunyan?
5. Johnny Appleseed was said to sing to keep up his spirits as he traveled the roads of the west. Do you have a song that comes when you are trying to be cheerful, or is there something else that you often do?
I agree with that. My ipod shuffle only has songs that I really like and even then on many occaisions I skip and skip until I find something upbeat. As far as religious songs, Awesome God as done with Kirk Franklin is a current fave. Big bouncy boiseterous gospel.

In other news...I had the 3 hour sugar test today because I flunked the first one...not by much though. Also the home computer is dead and now the internet connection is acting up at home so Hubby's laptop is unhappy. I'm at the public library which closes...in a minute or two. It will be sparse for a while.

1 comment:

Terri said...

waaaa....I'm sorry about the computer issues...hope all is well with the three hour sugar test (which I hate hate hate....sigh, I'm such a baby with those little inconveniences like no food or coffee...)...anyway....yeah, I love all those apple things, except I can't eat fresh ones because the citric acid upsets my stomach...but love apples.