Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baby planning...

Had the ultrasound and it seems like if might be a girl.
No 100% in the ultrasound game but...probably.
So now the naming begins...in earnest.

Everything is becoming a little more real.
Baby is moving, sure.
But now it has a gender and needs a name
and I'll have to get going on the room soon.

As a rule I don't do the room before week 31
and I've given away a lot of our baby things
because well, frankly I didn't think it would be needed again.
Still on the list is a new crib mattress
(Liam slept on his until last spring and its torn up!)
a diaper pail, a changing table and maybe a stroller.
We still have our umbrella one.
So I keep an eye out at garage sales.


Not rushing things.

3 comments:

Biblia said...

Oh so thrilled for your little "wee woman" as they'd say in Northern Ireland. Utterly unsolicited baby names I love: Ellis (means God is Love), Hannah (mean God Favored Us), and since I was just in Northern Ireland: Naimh (rhymes with Eve, means Saint) and Aoife (Ee-fuh, is means Beautiful, Radiant, and Light). And of course there's Helena, which just means straight up beauty. :-) And the names cease. So excited for you! Are you and the doctor anticipating a full-term pregnancy? Yay baby!

hip2b said...

Due date is Dec 8. Csection two weeks beforehand if all is well. So that puts us at THanksgiving. Which means Grace is on the list, mainly because its just the tiniest bit funny. I go for more traditional names as you probably know...so we probably won't choose something the child will have to explain later. Bethany, I'm having trouble with your blog...will you send me the instructions again?

Terri said...

Oh yay yay yay....love all the name choices....Grace...especially - but if you are like me you might change your mind several times between now and birth...

Hope all continues to go well.