Saturday, September 06, 2008

Been reading ...

I've been reading a book called "stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli.
Fantastic book about a teenage girl that doesn't fit in.
She doesn't understand High School social rules and cheers for the other team,
has a pet rat, dressses as she pleases and never seems to understand the backlash against her. Its told from a point of view of a boy at school who falls in love with her
and experiences the same treatment she does.
I haven't finished it yet
but it strikes me as the sort of book a youth group could read.
Theres a second book now and I am told there are "stargirl fanclubs" around the country.

In other news, I am at 26 weeks, blood pressure normal and ankles are gorgeous!
There will be another ultrasound in a few weeks.
Flash has learned his birthday and a "scissor pledge" at school which governs the use of scissors. It includes no cutting hair!
Hubby is very very busy with some COM things
and I am treading water at work, but in a good way.
Next week I am calling Mo Willems week as I read and discuss his books
with Kindergarteners through 5th grade. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Terri said...

YAY for your continued health...prayers it maintains throughout...YAY for a new good book!

Anonymous said...

stargirl is one of our family's favorite books. we listened to it on one of our trips to CO.

i totally want to attend your Mo Williams week! it sounds fabulously fun!

congrats on your and the baby's good health!