Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Olympics ate my homework

Oh I love the Olympics!
The competition, the splendor,
the "human interest" stories,
I've been building up to it in our house...hoping Flash will be interested.
Last night...during the opening ceremonies
he wanted to have his own Olympics outside.

Outside.
Where there is no TV.
No drummers,
No scroll thing and dancers
or people in boxes pretending they are water droplets.
No fireworks or parades.
Luckily he wore out quickly and finally went to bed.

Hubby has been working the church booth at the town festival this week.
Small part fund-raiser, other part BEING VISIBLE.
So he's there now and its my chance to finish that paper I've been grousing about.

Its due Monday, and its written but not very good.
I should really, really redo parts of it...or add something.
Or I'll heed a revgal who says about sermons "If you've got a dog, walk it"
OK,
OK,
I'll work on it now.
But its done tonight before 10:30...dog or not.

3 comments:

hip2b said...

I fixed it but didn't really add anything...its a good effort.
And its sent!
Yeeha!

Terri said...

yay!!! I'm sure it will be fine. Today I watched: volleyball, rowing, and fencing...and kept thinking - these are Olympic sports? Still hard to not get caught up in the excitment of it all....I too love the Olympics....

hip2b said...

Hubby fenced in college and he was thrilled to watch it!