Sunday, August 03, 2008

Be prepared

Hubby is going to disaster training tomorrow for a few days.
He is quietly excited about it.
We had some serious flooding here this winter.
Our church was an emergency shelter
Hubby became the local "point person for a while and he's still ona long-term recovery team.
And now he'll have training!

I'm hoping that the training will actually prevent a disaster.
You know, that now that he has training, we'll just be unscathed.
Like washing your car will make it rain.
Isn't that strange?

Anyhow, Flash and I will be on our own for a few days.
That means fishsticks for supper.
Hubby doesn't care for them, so we always have them when he's out.
Flash'll go to "camp" and I am going to the school to get myself set-up this week.
Getting a little worried about what I'm doing, and how.
But excited too!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Cool, hope he comes away from it with lots of info that he never has to use.

Also, enjoy the fishsticks...in my house its popcorn for dinner when dad is gone....

Terri said...

Of course...right after I posted my last comment my daughter called - major storm in Chicago area with tornados on the ground...blowing southeast - stay safe my friend! prayers....(daughter has no power, just cell phone...and otherwise is ok).

hip2b said...

Hubby says their disaster training had a tornado warning and was without power and water for a time.
We had a really good storm here too. It completely filled the kiddie pool out back!

Terri said...

wow...glad all are safe!