Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Important Friday5, on Wednesday

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Big Event Edition
Did you know that the major purpose for forming a non-profit, RevGalBlogPals, Inc., was to be able to attract grant support for a large scale RevGalBlogPal meetup? My dream from the beginning has been attracting financial support that would allow as many of our bloggers to be together as possible.RGBP, Inc. now has a planning committee, and we are in the early stages of planning the RevGalBlogPal Big Event. What, When, Where and Who are all on the table at the moment. In that spirit, here is the Big Event Friday Five!

1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
Glorified Slumber Party...definately. I've been reading some of the other suggestions and I like the idea of low key. Some prayer time, someplace beautiful and relaxing but thet won't mind us having some wine and a good ole' time!
Part of me is thinking about a mission angle, and I once suggested us all going on one of those Lambing Weekends with Heifer Project, but, for our first gathering...oh and for our worship service, can we just crash the local tiny church?!

2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
Oh, who knows? Plan it for whenever is good and I'll try to make it. No promises though, I have no idea where we'll be after July 31. SIGH.

3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
I like rural retreat center, but the big city could be fun too! How about Chicago!

4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
Eh. Someone completely awesome or just us. And by awesome I mean funny and light. I'm guessing it would have to be a woman with some tie to church.

5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
I'm thinking of this as a family reunion of folks who haven't met. And I figure this is a long weekend...or given the profession around here...a 3-day thing. Or we could tack it on to another popular conference...like the Festival of Homies that everyone is talking about.

Mostly I look forward to meeting folks.

1 comment:

Terri said...

from Sally's post...slartybartfast??? I missed that one... :-)

I kinda like being trillion...I like the "your world might explode now and then, but you're pretty much done with it anyway..." made me laugh