Saturday, May 05, 2007

Friday5 - Party edition

) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
Hmmm. I like to host, but I like being invited too. Being invited means no dishes and clean-up, but hosting means you get to think up what you will do and eat. And let's face it...not many folks entertain anymore, so if I don't throw it, who will?

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?
Most of our "do's" are outside so I clean up the obvious things. I like to get a load of dishes in but current life situation means bedtime takes front seat. If I'm not completely tired after, then I start in on it. Sometimes its worth it to sleep and get up early to finish.
Attention everyone, but especially those who live in my home: I accept help with the dishes....and laundry too.

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
OH SO HARD... Kentucky Derby is on my mind and Cinco de Mayo, naturally. I love a Games Night but that doesn't require money or wherewithal. How about a Luau? Ooh, or a carnival!

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?
I usually have a great time at parties, even my own! I think it would have to be having to leave early because of Flash. I wasn't a party girl in high school or college. Just liked to have little get-togethers with friends. When we were first married and living in a small town we never threw parties and when we moved outside of Atlanta we never did either. And we didn't have a lot of friends in those places. But the outside world is different from school...as we are about to find out again.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
This is years ago, but my Math prof friend and I threw a Formal Jello Party while we were in college. We made 5 courses out of jello, to look like salad, to look like meat and of course parfaits for dessert ("Everybody loves parfait"). And just to add to the wackiness, we asked out friends to come formally, suits or at least ties for the boys and the girls all wore their prom dresses. It was fantastic!
While we've been at seminary Hubby and I have had a weekly cookout and when our Michigan friends were here we had some epic parties celebrating football and Cinco de Mayo and the imfamous "Had a Bad Day parties". This husband would call up his wife's friends when she had a setback, and invite us over for a party. Wonderful.
Boy, I miss them. It would be worth moving to Michigan just to be near them.

No comments: