Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Good happy things

not the elephant in the room...

Several revgals have been talking about a new biography called Take this bread: a radical conversion by Sara Miles. And I just checked it out of the library! Their book discussion book of the month is Velvet Elvis...but it doesn't look like I will get it in time to read it for their May 28th online discussion. Maybe this could be the pick for June? Although many of the book clubs I have known take a summer break. My May book club at the library is reading Sammy the Seal by Syd Hoff. Yeah, its for new readers and its a great amount of fun.

Looking forward to LOST tonight...shameful how hooked I am...and then I'll read the blogs about it tomorrow. I might try to knit during it (I have a project that I need to get moving on) but have you noticed how dark the drama shows are? We have to turn off all the lights to be able to see whats going on sometimes. Especially during LOST and CSI type shows. I know the directors and such have special theater rooms in their houses, but I often need to see the clothes I'm folding while I watch, don't you?

2 storytimes tomorrow about Mothers and Mother's Day. Should be fun andI'll get my exercise with a little Hokey Pokey and Tooty-tah. And after-work I'm going to get new glasses! Cool, funky glasses too.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I do know what you mean...I always knit or fold laundry or do something while watching TV...and I'm looking for a good book to read...think I'll go to the library tomorrow (although I'm a great fan of buying books too)...