Friday, February 16, 2007

Travel Friday5

This meme gave me a BIG SIGH. All our travel is to visit family out-of-state, although occaisionally at the beach. We've been here almost 3 years and have yet to see the BIG APPLE.
ARGH! A vacation is in order...but it will have to wait, because our next trip is to preach in the hinterlands.

1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit? (you can be vague to preserve your anonymity if you like).
Not many folks have visited us here, but we've taken visitors to...um... OK, when we lived in Atlanta we'd... oh dear... We usually just take them to our haunts, you know? Apparently we are terrible hosts. Perhaps we need practice.

2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?
Slow and Easy. When I visit a place on business or just to visit I pick one or two things I want to do. Our lives are busy, so any time away is for relaxing...this is probably why we haven't made it to NYC. It seems like work.

3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?
Museum perhaps, tasting the local dish, or doing "the thing" in the city. Not clubs, not shopping.

4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?
I don't know much about this, I guess. I usually go somewhere with things in mind, I suppose. I always get a travel book out from the library, for wherever I'm going.

5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?
Family, I usually travel alone. If with family, then I miss our routines and the normalcy of home. I'm mostly a homebody.

No comments: