Saturday, September 23, 2006

the Saturday workaday world

I work Saturdays. Not as many as I used to but, a few. Usually they are busy and packed with interesting questions and fun people and it makes working on a Saturday more than bearable (especially because Fridays are dead).

Not today.
And I had high hopes for today. Its raining and school just started. Harbingers of a frenzied mass of library users! So, there should be some people at this library! OK, there are a few - breezing in for a novel or movie (flagrantly ignoring my secret two-item minimum), playing computer games and somehow hacking around the volume mute (grrr) , and spinning our out-of-date globe! The meatiest question all day has been "Can you find me a book on Matisse?" Which was great, but here I am blogging, see?

I'm prepared for church school...Been reading for book club...
Where are you all? We're not open much longer, you 'd better hurry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get a rush? I was working yesterday, too and it was dead until about an hour before closing. And then everyone in the world appeared. And wouldn't leave.