Thursday, September 07, 2006

Our Trip to the Zoo

My folks were divorced so on Saturdays, as a kid, we went to the zoo with my Dad. Sometimes we did other things, but we knew the animals by name, so we went quite a bit.

This past weekend, my family went to that same zoo. It was a completely beautiful day and Flash had never been to a zoo before, but he knows a lot of animals anyhow. We saw everything, just about. We splurged on a membership so we can go whenever we want (and also to other zoos and such, including ZooAtlanta and maybe the new Aquarium).

Things to see at the zoo this weekend. Elephant bottoms since they wouldn't turn around, giant turtles, flamingos, pigeons, giraffes sticking out their tongues, my boy Flash fall off of my shoulders onto the concrete path due to some miscommunication about which way he was going. I'm only 5' 2", almost. Boy, did he land hard. He grew a huge goose egg on his cute little head. And everyone around us stood and stared to make sure he was OK. You gotta love parents.

He's fine. Cuddles, ice, snack and the petting zoo did their magic. Thank you God.

No comments: