Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday 5: Owies and Boo-boos

1) Are you a baby about small injuries?
Nope.

2) What's the silliest way you have ever hurt yourself?
I cut myself with a knife while unloading the dishwasher once ...still have the scar.

3) Who took care of your boo-boos when you were a child?
My mom and then, me. I don't remember having a lot of boo-boos but I remember being stung by a bee and she made a paste of baking soda and water. Very cool.

4) Are you a good nurse when others have boo-boos?
True boo-boos? Sure! Ice, TLC, snuggles - I can do that! Actual serious injuries? No... got a touch of see-blood-pass-out-itis. But I'm great at calling the EMT's.

5) What's the worst accidental injury you've suffered? Did it require a trip to the Emergency Room?
None. Everything, so far, has been superficial. Been to the hospital for birthing babies and once because I passed out in a work-required First Aid training seminar, because the video was too graphic. And they sent me to the hospital...in an ambulance. Best part, is they sent me to that same training seminar each year. And I got to take a walk during the video for the next 4 years.

Now I am at the point of tending our son's boo-boos and so far, so good. Sometimes the boo-boos need the cold to be taken internally, you know...with a popsicle. Sometimes its the only way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see it now - someone in er asks you... Why are you in emergency room? answer: I was watching a first aid video. What a hoot! Thanks for sharing.