Friday, October 12, 2007

BIBLE Friday5

1.What is your earliest memory of encountering a biblical text?

I guess the Noah's ark story, right?


2. What is your favorite biblical translation, and why? (You might have a few for different purposes).

NRSV or NIV I guess. Those are the ones we have. I love my Serendipity Bible, but thats not really a translation.



3. What is your favorite book of the Bible? Your favorite verse/passage?

I think Ruth. Its short, and, um...



4. Which book of the Bible do you consider, in Luther's famous words about James, to be "an epistle of straw?" Which verse(s) make you want to scream?

Not a fan of the apocalyptic ones...not a bible scholar, barely a bible-reader!


5. Inclusive language in biblical translation and liturgical proclamation: for, against, or neutral?Bonus: Back to the Psalms--which one best speaks the prayer of your heart?

Yeah...I'm out of my depth here. Perhaps Hubby should "guest-blog this one.

2 comments:

hip2b said...

Having some weird spacing problems...sorry

Terri said...

Good choice with Ruth. It is short, but it also tells a profound human story about love and commitment through thick and thin.