Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My mom

When Hubby decided we were coming to seminary, I asked if there was one near my family. We'd lived in GA for almost 8 years, 5 of them within an hour of his family.
And we're here...within an hour of my mom, my sisters and in another direction an hour from my mother's family and my grandfather (who lives in the convent, long story)

The first year we visited her almost weekly, then tapered off some because of my crazy work schedule. This year she's realized that we're graduating, and that there's a VERY good chance we'll be moving on to another locale. Probably not one that is so convenient for her.
So she's been coming weekly, and helps out with Flash on our really-busy-impossible-day. Last week she helped me clean out the apartment some (ok, ok a lot!) And although she doesn't "get" the pastor thing, she's been a larger part of our lives for 3 years.

And its been really, really nice.
Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

Your grandfather lives in a convent? Hmmmmmmmmm ... that sounds like a really interesting story as well as a long one.

Could he be the handyman? The gardener? A visiting priest? A seeker of sanctuary?

You may have the makings of a fine novel, even if you tell a story of what he isn't ...