Friday, December 15, 2006

Holiday Movies: Revgal Friday5

Let's explore some Yuletide favorites.
1) It's a Wonderful Life--Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
OK I'm a little tired of it but yes, its a wonderful movie. I guess I saw it first as a kid...don't remember.

2) Miracle on 34th Street--old version or new?
Never actually seen either version all-the-way-through.
But I choose old I think...isn't the girl Natalie Wood or someone?

3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?
Same guy who was Patton...boy-oh-boy, today isn't a good memory day.

4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist?
I've been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
for years now, and I still don't get it.
Its hard for naturally happy elves to look "down in the mouth"

5) Who's the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
The Bumble
The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
Your Nomination...
My nomination is Mr. Potter, and I think he wins hands down
because he's more "real-life scary" than the rest of them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Potter is a popular nominee!

1-4 Grace said...

I think Patton was actually a Scrooge. Remember the scene from Patton (George C. Scott) where the solider has PTSD, okay did not have a name for it then.
Anyhow, he is crying and can't stop and so Patton slaps him.
Yup, Patton was Scrooge.

hip2b said...

There was a lot of slapping in old movies, wasn't there? George C. Scott...thats him.