Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas meme

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Cocoa!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa has elves to do the wrapping so...

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Both! White on the porch, colored on the outside tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Hmmm...I would. Maybe I should.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
After Thanksgiving, before Christmas, every year.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I'm trying to think of one...
.
OK, Sweet and Spicy Meatballs at the Christmas Party
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
We weren't allowed downstairs until Mom went downstairs and turned on the lights. We always make this Candy Cane Coffee Cake for Christmas morning too.

8. When or how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Girl Scouts...sigh.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Not when I was a kid. Hubby's family opens one and its always new Christmas pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Lights, ornaments, star at the top.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! What I dislike is all that cold weather, with no snow-payoff.
12. Can you ice skate?
Haven't in years...Probably the ankles couldn't handle it today.
13.Have you ever fallen on the ice?
Yup, nice hip bruise.
14. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Um...not at the moment...but I remember watching my sister open a Pound Puppy. Joy!

15. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
People...

16. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Does hard sauce for Plum Pudding count? No? OK then Christmas cookies.
17. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Caroling, my In-laws Christmas party, the pickle ornament, the coffee cake...I know something else should come to mind.
18. What tops your tree?
A Star
19. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Neither really. Giving means crazy shopping and receiving is usually more things I don't really want. I know, I'm a scrooge.
20. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole?
21. CANDY CANES!! YUCK OR YUM??
Fun, decorative, good for stirring cocoa.
22.What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Ummm...Best Christmas Pageant Ever? Love, Actually was fun. I'm tired of Its a Wonderful Life and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Can't think of anything else.
23. Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman or Charlie Brown?
Charlie Brown...

Um..the birth of Jesus and church didn't really enter into this, did it? Hmmm.

No comments: