Friday, July 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Revgals!

What a wonderful thing to blog with such wonderful faithful people!
The Friday5 is all about being a revgal.
Here goes:

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
I have to admit that I found the revgals through St. Casserole while looking for a casserole recipe online (sheepish grin). I read about the devestation of Katrina and linked over to the revgals and found a whole world of people who are in my boat!
My husband answered the call of God and is in seminary after having a first career in the Gov'n't. It was a tremendous shock to me. (In the next few weeks I intend to talk about my call and our journey to the pastorate...stay tuned) Anyway, here at seminary I have met many wonderful people...but most of them felt so at home with God, with church, with a religious life and I felt so out-of-step. My blog is helping me to come to terms with my call to be, who'd have thought, a pastor's wife. My sisters ( and brothers) at the revgals have showed me what a life of christian service is like and whether they know it or not they are shepherding me along the way.

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?
Only Lone Barista (who needs to start posting again). She lives in my neighborhood and our kids are at daycare together! Some of the revgals seem to live in Atlanta, our home presbytery, so maybe someday we'll meet!

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.
Songbird and I seem to have quite a bit in common. Lutheranchik, Hazelnut, & Hipchickmama seem like we could be great pals too.

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life?
Hmmm. I guess I should refer to the above. But aside from virtual comraderie, I know that someone will read these rants and somedays thats all I need, to know that someone who knows whats going-on with me will read this and care and maybe even pray for me. That really helps.
You gals don't know how much you've helped me.

5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.
For myself, I know I need to develop a little more proficiency with the technology, and reveal a bit more of my thoughts on faith. As this year goes on, last year in seminary, I think more of this will come naturally.
As for the ring, I am so happy with it! I have really enjoyed the new changes on the Homepage! Are we ready to participate in a project, maybe? Heifer has these Women's lambing encounter weekends in Arkansas and I've always wanted to go. Wouldn't it be cool if a whole bunch of us went together? Could we get the devotionals published by a big publishing house?
Lots to think about. Lots to pray about! Lots to blog about!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lambing encounter weekends? Wow. That sounds like something worth exploring.
Once we get the incorporating piece done, we're going to move on to establishing committees for books, retreats, etc. Let me know if you feel particularly drawn to working on something!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I've been talking with someone near me about lambing weekends! Wow! Hey, I posted about callings, asking for stories. When you do post yours, let me know in the comments.

LOL that you found RGBP by looking for a casserole.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

DOH! Sorry, I just realized that you left me a comment about the "call" story. Oops.

Anonymous said...

That's got to be the best how-I-found-it story there is for the blogring. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're here! :) :) :)

We have actually talked about a cookbook and I think St. Casserole has to be part of the name! Don't you!

During Hurricane Katrina I kept frantically checking the web to see what was up with my friend "St. Casserole." My husband thought I'd gone round the bend because I didn't know any other name for her. :)