Monday, July 17, 2006

100 degrees + Obstacle course = ?

This was my brilliant idea.

For the summer I am in charge of programs for the K-2's on Monday afternoons and Family Storytime on Thursday mornings (and helping out with other programs and regular work stuff..yadda yadda). Last week we had a craft...in the air-conditioning. This week - in mid-July - I'm having an obstacle course. What fun, I thought! (I've done them before and everyone has a ball!) Here it is though and it is 100+ and an ozone day and such. 2-4 p.m. will be very bad says the cute weather man and people are asking me if I'm having it indoors or postponing it.

I think it will go fine! I think people that are worried about their child, can do something else! I think that doing it inside would be a disaster! I think we can handle 40 minutes outside running around a little...especially because it will be followed by Pop-Ice!

I'll let you know if it is a catastrophe.

UPDATE: It went fine, of course!
26 kids + 14 adults + 4 hula hoops + 4 plastic waste basket + 2 long pieces of wood+ 1 ball of string + 3 boxes of Pop-Ice = 40 minutes of fun!

No comments: