Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday5: Pet Peeves

Check out the new revgals page. It has changed both in template and format! Here is the Friday5!
1. Grammatical pet peeve
Hmmm. Since I'm guilty of so many grammatical errors, its hard for me to be persnickity about these. Their, they're, there and other "spellcheck errors" are annoying.
AND ALSO CAPITAL LETTERS and chain letters.

2. Household pet peeve
people using the computer during high traffic/stress times
lack of a competant housekeeper (ha!)

3. Arts & Entertainment pet peeve (movie theaters, restaurants, concerts)
cell phones, of course
commercials in the movies
snack prices at the movies
sticky floors in movie theaters
the fact that I would still like to go to the movies occasionally, despite the above!

4. Liturgical pet peeve
Songs that no one knows. I am all for learning a good new song but there is a big learning curve pastors-of-the-world! Not a lot of the world knows how to read english, let alone music. And so we sing it one Sunday and then not again for another year! I'm not sure how much is "singing praise" and how much is "joyful noise".

5. Wild card--pet peeve that doesn't fit any of the above categories
Dog fur, everywhere.
Statements that begin with "we should" but mean" you should".
This high-pitched whistle thing my husband does just to get a rise out of me.
Inviting folks over but not being reciprocated.
Parting Flash's hair...please don't bother, he looks great the way he is.

Bonus: Because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God: What do YOU do that others might consider a pet peeve?
I leave cupboard doors open.
I don't fill up the car with gas until the last moment (hoping someone else will).
I am queen of the "last moment plans"
My dogs are not well trained

I am not feeling very peevish at the moment so I am sure I forgot some things.
AREN'T YOU GLAD?