Friday, February 04, 2005

What are clouds made of?

1976 - My Dad and I are lying in the back yard looking at the clouds. I asked him what clouds were made of and Dad started talking about water vapor and air pressure and such. I rolled over and looked at him strangely and said "No, they're made of cotton", as if his explanation was the craziest thing anyone had ever come up with.

I am looking forward to sharing such crazy stuff with my little guy who walked for the first time today...and also climbed into the bathtub for the first time today. Strange looks are just around the corner.

Book of the day: Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes. This hardly needs my endorsement, it just won the Caldecott Award and Kevin Henkes is a brilliant author/illustrator. Kitten sees the moon and thinks its a bowl of milk and tries very hard to reach it. Today is a reaching kind of day.

No comments: