Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Taking my own advice...

I have, in the past been an advocate for a local Pastor's wives Support Group.
I believe I said, right here, that if you don't have one, make one.
OK...We don't have one here in this town, area, Presbytery.
Um, I guess that means I'm going to have to make one.

Here's my plan.
The pastor's in town have a weekly prayer group.
I am considering making up some invitations and inviting their wives (spouses) to a ...
to a what?
I'm thinking "drop-in social"
or tea or something.
But frankly I feel like this shouldn't be "my job".
I'm still thinking this one through, so let me know what you think.
Sometime in May I think.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Well, it looks like, whether it ought to be your job or not, that it IS your job, if you want one.

sigh


I suggest you invite them for something light and casual. Iced tea and cookies if it's hot in May or a light lunch of sandwiches.

I've managed to do a lot of community building beginning with simple food hospitality. I hope you find thte same to be true for you...