Monday, March 24, 2008

bare bones

Easter was lonely.
I expected at some point someone would invite us to Easter dinner,
knowing we have no family here. Wishful thinking I guess.
And more proof we are strangers here.
Christmas was like that too. We were invited to zero parties.

And here we are at Easter break...no friends here.
I've got Flash all week ( daycare is out for the break) and I don't know what we'll do.
Cold call someone for a playdate!?
We're supposed to see some old friends the end of the week, but its up in the air..

I can't find a job, and I need one.
Subbing is strangely great. I really like the variety...its what I love about the library.
But the unpredictable schedule and , well, if you think what they pay teachers is low...
I check the job sites everyday and I have applications everywhere.
Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Church is...serviceable.
Everyone is friendly but I don't feel a part of it.
There isn't anything for me or Flash.
(I know, I know, other than God...)
I am jealous of other churches and I can't leave mine.
And given my position I can't really start anything either.

My parents put their dog down. My stepfather is in the hospital for tests.
Easter week is joyful right?
I'm going to have to work up to it, I guess.

So if you wonder where I've been...I'm sifting through all this.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I hear you...I kinda thought some one would invite us to Easter dinner as well...but instead we ended up at a local resturant for dinner...it was good to not cook and to be together just us...but it was also weird. I don't know anyone here either...and while it is a nice place and the folks are friendly....it is still odd...

sorry about your parents and their dog...that is always sad...and your step father...

Easter is joyful, but life is still life in all its compicatedness...

If we live closer we could have holiday meals together...sigh...

well, how about a cyber glass of wine or cup of coffee???