Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday5 - Baptism

For today's five, tell us about your baptismal experiences.
Well thats what it said. I am not sure why this was the topic but...ok

When and where were you baptized? Do you remember it? Know any interesting tidbits?
I was christened at St. Aloysius (um...spelling? We just call it St. Al's) in Northern NJ.
My mom's family was very involved there and my Aunt is a nun close by.
I was a baby, don't remember a thing.

What's the most unexpected thing you've ever witnessed at a baptism?
Um...nothing, sorry you got me.
But I've seen a couple on America's Funny Home Videos.

Does your congregation have any special traditions surrounding baptisms?
The pastor walks the child down the aisle to introduce them to the congregation
and he always says that in the congregation's part we agreed to nurture this child
and that means chaperoning the mission trips too. Ha ha

Are you a godparent or baptismal sponsor? Have a story to tell?
No.

Do you have a favorite baptismal song or hymn?
No.

But. Flash was baptized on Easter.

And I went to a baptism remembrance service once.
We each got a clear marble to remind us of the water,
and it was given to us, intinction style.
I found it interesting and kinda cool
but not moving...and I was in the minority at that service.
Actually that happens a lot.

1 comment:

Auntie Knickers said...

Chaperoning mission trips -- ah, that's where I've failed! Oh well. Nice that you played.