Friday, January 26, 2007

Relaxing Friday 5

The revgals meme this week is about things you do that renew you and boy do I need this one! So 5 things I would do to relax and renew...if I did them, which I will, soon I'm sure, yeah.

1. Read/Watch TV/Movies -take mental vacations, cuz physical ones just aren't happenin'. And thats a shame. We're not far from my Mom here where she could take care of Flash for a weekend, if we were ready for that. Next year who knows where we'll be. Better start planning our "get-away".

2. Cook - Not that rushed dinner thing, not that, but something relaxing, tasty and made because I wanted to make it.

3. Be creative -Knitting, drawing, dancing - crazy loose stuff though...no object in mind.

4. Taking a drive - Haven't found any good places to do this here, really. Driving in NJ is serious business. We used to drive and talk a lot when we lived in rural South GA. Hard on the gas tank, I know. Maybe this should become a biking thing now.

5. Fun with friends. I'm starting to miss my Bible Study girls, we suspended meetings over break. Cookouts have been suspended until the thaw. But we had folks over for a movie recently, and I think this exercise has convinced me to talk a friend into going for coffee. And a date with my Hubby, after ords.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember loving to go for rides with my parents, in the long, long ago...those days are over, I guess!

chartreuseova said...

I like creative things too. But yes, it must not be something that demands perfection or high expectations...just relax and go with the flow.

revhipchick said...

ooohhh, a date with the hubby, sounds deelightful!