Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Parents and Call

I've shared before that my mother doesn't "get" Hubby's call. Not so sure about the whole Protestant thing in fact. And here we are, starting the whole "first call" process
and it is beginning.

She doesn't want us to move far away, I understand that, but she's all-of-a-sudden developed extreme prejudices against other parts of the country...or in fact any place further than 3 hours from her. Her new stipulation is that it be near a level three hospital. And she apparently thought that he'd go into some sort of apprenticeship after seminary, not an actual church where he may be the only pastor. My stepfather wants Hubby to use a percentage-based rubric system for deciding of a church position, and if he explains it to me again, I'll scream.

Its only the beginning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see...

you could make her panic...
- "Mom, the presbytery is sending us to Taiwan for six years..."

you could make her frantic...
- "Mom, we got a call in the church down the street so we'll all be moving in with you. Oh, by the way, did I tell you? We started participating in the Llama Rescue League - we will only have four left when we come to stay with you, but they should be placed in a month or two."

Can't find any more rhymes... ah well... hang in there - will pray for sanity in the wait for God's choice!

D

chartreuseova said...

I love Deb's ideas.

I thought I'd just pop by and give you your letter for the Ten Things I Love Meme.

At first I was thinking "R" for rubric, but nah.

"P" is perfect for you.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.