Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Traditions

Do you ever hear about other people's traditions and wish they were yours?
Parade-watching, Food-making, football-watching, turkey&pie-eating, nap etc.
Usually at my Mom's, more recently at my Aunts cuz she's closer to my Grandfather in the nursing place.

This year its at my Mom's, less family but a bunch of friends.
Friends were told to bring something they usually have thats different.
Because we don't make anything unusual and I kinda wish we did.
My mom always starts Thanksgiving dinner with Fruit Cup, and Hubby thinks its odd.
And thats it. (shrug)

Do you do something different?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we spend time thinking about good friends who we don't see any more... Love you guys.

Unknown said...

When we are thinking we go around the room and say what or who we are thankful for.

You made me think of my dad's ambrosia though that was always part of the desserts. oh to have some today.

Happy thanksgiving.

LutheranChik said...

This was my first non-family Thanksgiving, so my partner and I blended our respective family traditions -- favorite foods and such.