Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Belly Dancing

I took a belly dancing class yesterday. Oh my, what fun!
The instructor was very firm that we westerners got the wrong idea about belly dancing way back in the early 1900's and that it is primarily a middle-eastern folk dance performed by women, for the most part without men present. She showed us several different belly dancing costumes which were not risque!
And then we danced!
I am not an exerciser. I'll admit that it shows :0)
I have little coordination for aerobics, little time or patience for machines
and no motivation at all.
But every now and then I crank up the radio and BOOGIE!
And this class felt just like that! Even with everyone else there.
If you ever get a chance to take a Belly Dancing class, go! Even if its only once!

1 comment:

"imagine the darkness in love with the light." said...

friend of mine has a belly dancing viedo that we do and it is a great time.