Sunday, March 21, 2010

the Update post

*I went to a very depressing meeting this week, for newer teachers who've been RIF'd.
It doesn't look like they'll be calling me back anytime soon (at least not in the time frame I'm hoping to remain in this state.) I discovered that I am higher up on the call-back list than I thought, which is something I guess.
The vote comes on April 14th and they're Riffing 150 teachers.
Wow.
*I HAVE applied for the 2 most appropriate jobs in the area. And I intend to have another application sent this week. All you can do is all you can do.
*Helped to pack up our friends yesterday. It was less sad than I thought for the kids and I was the only one that teared up.
* Its Spring Break here so we're doing some daytrips and fun things like going to the movies, Chuckie Cheese with a friend, the Children's Museum. Should be fun. Hubby's week looks like it will be punctuated with a funeral, sadly.
* Diet has been shot to...well somewhere. Enjoying too many sweets and making my own bread. Hopefully this week will be better exercise and food-wise. Just need to shake myself up a bit.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Really challenging to exercise while raising children...gets easier as they grow up...still, hope you are able to find sometime for self-care. Really sad about the Riffing...(Not sure what RIF stands for but I get that it has to do with your lay off...)sigh.

hip2b said...

Rif is the teacher word for layoff. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about the RIF. Rats!