Saturday, March 14, 2009

oh where oh where...

Last October or September our personal computer died.
This month Hubby's work laptop died and that pretty much toasts my computer usage.
I can use a computer at work...but not blog or facebook. Just a little covert email.
So, that's where I've been. There is no money for a new personal computer at this time and Hubby is hashing out with the church about a new laptop. With two kids and the church and the job I don't have a lot of time to use the public libraries computers like I am today. And frankly, I don't have a lot of time today.
I am resentful of all this, since these things are my recreation and my link to all things not-Indiana. Pastor's wife thing is grating right now. Very tired of our church and I know too much of the petty stuff for my own good. Would love to stay home or go somewhere else where no one knows me, but...can't.
Our local churches are having a Palm Sunday joint worship with a joint choir and I joined, but it is taking up some more of my time on the weekends and I've ended up really disliking it. I had hoped that we'd do some new music, unlike our usual traditional to the point of a boredom music but its same-old-same-old, and perhaps, some of it a bit more dirge-like. Can't bail though.
My school is throwing together a nice baby shower for another teacher who is having a baby in another month and I can't help but remember that nothing was done for me. Its just another acceptance thing.
In other news, happier news. Cosy Baby is great, growing big and happy. Sleeping like a dream most nights. Flash has broken out the sidewalk chalk again and made a new friend last week who is interested in Transformers. And Spring Break is coming soon. We aren't going anywhere really, but we'll head off to the museum to see the Lego exhibit and perhaps find time for a date night...its been ages and ages.
So, to sum up...grump grump, grump, complain and whine.

1 comment:

Terri said...

you have good reason to grump and complain...I would too! I miss your updates and wit and stories...but I understand, having been there myself. If I make it to Chicago anytime this summer I'll let you know, we'll have a meet up!