Monday, March 23, 2009

At the library

I'm at the library again. Flash is on another computer playing a scooby-doo game, Hubby is feeding the baby and Cosy is...um...eating. I am on the computer! Its amazing the things we use the computer for now isn't it? I had to dig out the phone book the other day!

Hubby has some hospital visits today so we're tagging along. Thank heavens for a DVD player in the van. We've picked up a scooby-doo movie to help us out today. Hospital is about 30 min. away in the big town where we do shopping. After the visits we are going bowling. I think Flash will enjoy it! Our spring break is a bit tame, but hopefully relaxing and maybe I'll get a few things done.

Things are going alright around here most days. I have threatened Hubby that I am not returning to church until he gets the guy who sings to stop telling a joke before he sings...during worship...between the scripture and the sermon...every week. Its just wrong in my opinion and I know there are others who agree with me. Its just that the guy is a passive-agressive bully. I know when Hubby tells him to stop, the next time he sings he will say "The pastor told me not to tell a joke so I guess I'll just sing". Grrr.

Its easy to make my threat by the way. First, its kind of an empty threat and Secondly, we don't have worship at our church next week anyhow. On the 5th Sundays we have joint worship with the Lutherans. They don't have a pastor at the moment, so Hubby's still on the hook for a sermon, but they'll do everything else. We also get together with them for VBS. This year its a safari theme and we'll learn the Lord's Prayer.

Well, gotta get on with the day! Looks like the natives are restless.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I certainly would find the joke offensive - it's neither the place nor the time..coffee hour maybe...

I have learned a lot about the bullying type in my new parish...soon I may be an "expert" on "them"...

have a good week!