Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Almost a week

Tomorrow morning she'll be a week old.
Did I say the name yet? Hmmm.
OK, for 3 days this space will say...nothing now sorry.
She'll need a nickname for here of course and I don't want to call her...the baby.
Something to think about.
Flash's name is so...descriptive.

My inlaws are gone and my folks are here.
They have great ambition to clean and fix things around the house.
We're working through a list and several things have been accomplished,
several have been ruled out and I'm tired.

The baby has been eating up a storm
and I am recovering from the c-section
and have flat out overdone it . as usual.
My ankles are all swollen, thats a sign right there.
So tommorrow, resting and taking care of the baby
and being off my feet even if it bores by family no end
and makes them wonder what they're doing here.

1 comment:

Terri said...

yes, you really must rest...I;m sure your parents will understand...what a lovely name! How is Flash doing now that Gwen is actually home? I remember one time when my son was about 3 months old, and crying nonstop, and my daughter was trying to talk (she has always been a big talker)...she just lost her patience and said, "can you please shut that baby up!"....broke my heart then, a little for her, but makes me chuckle now....