Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lay Leader

I was lay leader/liturgist today at church - opposite my Hubby.
And it was great!
I feel odd saying it but I felt much more involved in church and I loved being "up there"

This unemployment thing is going to my brain.
For 11 years I spent a part of every week reading aloud in front of a group.
Dancing, singing and acting silly. Storytime.
And the closest I come is the subbing.
Such a glory hound, ego maniac....
Cannot believe how much I liked being in front of a crowd again.
sick sick sick.

2 comments:

Terri said...

well, another way to look at it is...you have gifts of leadership that are going unused and it is depleting your spirit - God gives us gifts to be use and share and I think unused/unshared gifts take a toll on us....so maybe the Spirit was just reminding you of this and giving you a little food for your soul....until the right job comes along....

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Not necessarily sick at all! I agree with what mompriest said.