Tuesday, April 08, 2008

All the news that fits...

On the up side...
t-ball practice started today and it was hilarious.
Flash is probably the youngest there and he would play for a while,
with lots of coaching to keep him on task and then cover his head with his glove
or run over to me and tell me that he had a wonderful dream last night
or remind me that we should have a milkshake afterwards (3times).
He got beaned in the nose and was ready to go 40 minutes into it.
We did have milkshakes though.

Been a while since I blogged
my excuses are computer time, lethargy and lack of things to say.
I'm in a holding pattern here
job situation stagnant
friends...maybe a friend next door.
a lead on preschool for Flash for next year
Church is frustrating because there isn't anything for me.
The new bible study group was disappointing.

Also our area is having a rough time.
County is out of money, massive cutbacks and some lay-offs.
and there was, it seems, an innocent but devastating accounting error.
and...the furniture factory is essentially shutting down.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh my...all the reasons these community needs a Pastor, but not necessarily a great place for the Pastor's wife....sigh...

my first call out of seminary left A LOT to be desired. A very different call, in to an extremely wealthy community...out of my league for sure...and one that was very callenging because I just did't fit in with some of the staff of that large parish...still in many ways the things I thought and needed and believed in proved to be "right" and have stood me in good stead over these years (8) since I left. BUT, and more importantly, I also learned a lot from that church...stuff that has really helped me all these years later.

So. My prayer is that even as this is difficult it is also a step into the path that will lead you along the way to where you (all) need to be...

AND...well, sounds like Flash is having some fun!

Don't worry about posting happy, or good, or whatever posts....say what you need to say...I'll stop by and probably understand (remember I am coming off of two really awful years... and am living proof that life gets better)....