Wednesday, September 05, 2007

what do you bring...

We're having a potluck luncheon at work.
These things are rare here.
Usually I bring something tasty.
My recipes are packed.
My Spicy meatballs recipe is in my brain,
but my crockpot is packed.
I could throw something together or "pick something up"
But
Its my going away party...
so I may be off the hook for this one!

The going away party is coming way early,
because others in the department will be away when I leave.
I find that awkward.
Everyone will say nice things about me...
say they are sad to see me go...and then still see me for two weeks.
Its odd.

But I do like a party!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh, the long "good-bye", still it is nice that they all want to have a chance to wish you well and celebrate your time with them!

Two weeks, eh? And then a BIG move...

It will be nice to have your "things" again, won't it?