Saturday, September 22, 2007

Say ahhhhh

Hubby was examined today.
I've never been to presbytery before and whew as a layperson I am glad I don't have to be there a lot. But he was examined and hooray!
He passed.
After a morning speaker and housekeeping and prayer and song, he preached, read his statement of faith...which they all had in front of them in writing, and then answered 11 questions.
11.
I was sitting in the back with our church folk and they were so funny.
They didn't really know what all was going to happen and were surprised, as was I, at the depth.
Kept whispering to those lined up to question from the floor "sit down!"
Joking about how maybe they should pay him extra for going to presbytery.
There was a childcare snafu which meant that Flash was in my care in the nursery for much of it, but during Hubby's big part a kind woman came and they had a fantastic time, with Flash's best friend from seminary!
What a great time they had.
More about their reunion later this week I think.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh yeah! Glad to hear this...thinking of you often.