Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Experiment day

Today I got to try that Diet Coke and Mentos experiment.
About 12 kids who were "caught being good" got to see it as a treat.
You drop mentos into a 2 liter and it erupts!
I didn't use enough mentos but it still was very cool.
Went up about 3 or 4 feet

The school is really behind these little treats for kids who've behaved and it seems to be working across the board. The gym teacher let them ride scooters for 15 minutes one afternoon, the music teacher let them play drums, the secretary is going to let them copy things on the color copier apparently next week. Little things, mostly experiences rather than a thing.

Little treats. I need to think about other things I could do when my turn comes around again!

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love the diet coke and mentos experiement! And I love this idea too - will have to think, see if I have any suggestions for you...