Monday, April 02, 2007

Friday5 on Monday

1. Will this Sunday be Palms only, Passion only, or hyphenated?
Both, and April Fools too!
Hubby got me good.
I was in the shower and he said
something about it getting really late
and could I hurry it up, its 9:20
(Church school starts at 9:45, I'm teaching, I'm always late).
I totally bought it and started to rush.
That's the only joke we did. We are usually a big April Fools' family.

2. Maundy Thursday Footwashing?
No. Never done that.

3. Share a particularly meaningful Good Friday worship experience.
Don't really have one. Good Friday is when we do the eggs.

4. Easter Sunrise Services--choose one:
a) "Resurrection tradition par excellence!"
b) "Eh. As long as it's sunrise with coffee, I can live with it."
c) "[Yawn] Can't Jesus stay in the tomb just five more minutes, Mom?!?"
No. Never done it.
Easter Bunny stuff, breakfast, then church, when I was a kid.
Hubby's folks' church has sunrise service at the top of the mountain...
(mountaintop experience?), 'sposed to be beautiful.

5. Complete this sentence: It just isn't Easter without...
Um,,,, I'm not supposed to say jelly beans here, right?
Colored eggs? Chocolate bunnies?
OK, on a more Christian note...
I love that we have something special to say and respond.
Everyone will say" He is Risen"
and you get to say "He is Risen indeed!" back.
I really like that.
Other Christian holidays should have that...
like Christmas, of course,
but also Ash Wednesday, and Pentecost!
And something somber for Good Friday. Just an idea.

No comments: