Thursday, November 10, 2005

Kate Wakes Up!

I am so embarassed that it has taken me 6 months to get back to my blog! Frankly I'm surprised that the nice folks at blogspot held my place.
Thank you!
Walking home in the brisk windy November air after a busy week and an introspective Bible study meeting, I feel like I am finally waking up again. Do you ever feel like that? I've just been trying to "get by" for a few months now, keeping my head down and my feet moving. Now that a few things are more settled in life (ie, employment), and even though I'll be working full time, maybe I can take some time to stop and smell the roses a bit more. I hope that you can too.
Book recommendations...wow. I've read a lot of things since the last time I wrote. Freakonomics was completely intriguing and I read a ton of trashy romance novels over the summer. I've also been reading a lot of kid's non-fiction for a committee thing I'm on. Liam's favorite is Goodnight Gorilla, which I love, despite the fact that I have read it four hundred times, at least. Now thats the mark of a great kid's book. Reread something fun this week, if you can.

No comments: