Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chuch Slump

I went back to church today.
In the past few months I've been home sick from church 3 times...mostly for Flash.
Its been a nice reprieve.
I am in a church slump, and I haven't even been there much.

The last few times I've been there I've been the nursery person for Cosy
because the volunteer hasn't shown up.

Hubby leaves for church earlier and we arrive just in time for worship.
It works for us in that our Church behavior isn't wasted on pre-church stuff.
So this morning I'm back
...in the Nursery.
If I'm in the nursery with Cosy, there isn't anyone to sit with Flash
and he's happier with me anyhow...until Children's church,

What is the point of getting them dressed and out of the house
if we're only gonna be in the nursery?

Today they did a nice craft in children's church, Cosy had a lovely nap in nursery and after worship we hung the greens and had a little lunch, so...OK... it was worthwhile.

But I'm tired of this church and its stick in the mud, seeker unfriendly, assimilate or go away attitude. If you make the pastor's wife feel so unwelcome...no wonder everyone wants to go to the fun church in town. I want to go there too.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I totally agree....they say a lot about themselves by how they treat you...

hip2b said...

Not much better this Sunday. I sang in the Advent choir, Cosy had a good nursery person, but Flash ended up sitting with Hubby who was doing the lay leader job. And Flash acted up...of course. I left the choir and took him for a time out, followed by sitting in the nursery. I will not be doing choir again obviously...and frankly Hubby talked me into it saying we could "work out the child-care". Yikes.