Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The flu

Flash has been sidelined by the flu...maybe even H1N1. Basically a high fever and a cough n' sniffle with very little appetite. So we've had an uneventful weekend. Actually it was Fall Break so he's been sick Thursday night through til now. Luckily we didn't have any real plans. We're riding out the 24-hour-fever-free requirements of the school now. At least I hope we are.

I always figure I'll get a lot done at home when a child is sick...but the house ends up messier and messier anyhow. I'm throwing him in the tub in a little while and maybe I can tackle a pile. These piles are amazing! I rarely file anything so it stacks up, then theres mail and Flash's school papers and Things Hubby shouldn't have brought home from church. Notice I leave myself out of this huh? Well a lot of it is mine too I guess. Then there are laundry stacks too. I am behind and I don't know when I'll catch up!

But maybe the saying "a clean desk is a sign of a misspent life" is true.

2 comments:

Terri said...

At this stage with two young children, one of whom is sick, and two working parents....there is no catching up...but one day you will and oh..it will be nice. In the meantime don't sweat it, just enjoy!

revhipchick said...

i hope you are all better now. my kids are old and we're still a total wreck!

the adage is true...please, please, let it be true! ;)